How Do I Require Encrypted WPA Passwords for WiFi Access?
Encrypt WiFi Using WPA Password on Linksys
- Connect to your wireless network.
- Open your Web browser and type in the Web address http://192.168.1.1
- Press Enter key
- Type in the User Name for your network
- Type in the Password
- Press OK button
- Select the Wireless text tab
- Select the Wireless Security text item
- Pull down and select the WPA Pre-Shared Key menu item
- Pull down and choose the WEP menu item
- Type in a good password
- Click the Save Settings button
Encrypt WiFi Using WPA Password in Netgear
- In your web browser, type in the address http://www.routerlogin.net. Press Enter.
- When the NETGEAR prompt dialogue box appears, type in your User Name and Password. Click OK.
- The Router Manager window will appear. Click on Wireless Settings. Type in your User Name and Password. Press Enter.
- Under Security Options, click the WPA-PSK button.
- Select the Passphrase text box, and type in a passphrase. Click Apply.
Encrypt WiFi Using WPA Password on Apple AirPort
- Open your AirPort Admin Utility application (this program was installed from the CD-ROM when you set up the device)
- Find your network's name and double-click it or press the Configure button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Here, our network name is Apple Airport Express
- Enter your password and click OK.
- The Configure "Apple Airport Express" Base Station should open. Click on AirPort tab.
- Click on Wireless Security... button.
- Pull down the Wireless Security menu (by clicking on the word Off. Drag your mouse down to WPA2 Personal.
- Click on Set Pre-Shared Key... button.
- Type in a Pre-Shared Key, then verify it by re-typing it. Click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Finally, make sure to hit the update button to save the changes.
Back to FAQ